9/26/2006

"Momma done"

I have a new phrase I use with the boys. It's called "momma done." The conversation goes like this:

dad: "is your homework done?"

son: "yes"

dad: "is that a yes from your perspective or is that a yes in terms of momma done?"

son: "it's momma done"

You see, now that the boys are in 7th grade, momma has decided to reenter the job market and isn't home as much. Dad is trying to fill the void by attempting to ride rough shod over homework when momma's not home. I've discovered that there is a huge difference between being "done" and being "momma done." Momma checks answers, handwriting, and content. Early on, I got caught up in thinking the boys were done (I asked them and they said yes) and when momma got home, discovered that there were a few hours remaining. I'm learning.

5 Comments:

At September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD POST---THE BOYS ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE BOTH PERSPECTIVES!!---LOVE, GRANDMA R

 
At September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND I CAN SEE THE GRINS ON THEIR FACES AS THEY SAY "MOMMA DONE"--

 
At September 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do me a favor, bro'....can you email my husband and share this with him? This is a concept that would serve him well to learn!
--Karen

 
At October 02, 2006, Blogger Jim said...

Marty, I can tell you're a softy. Momma does the mean stuff, you just have to remind these guys.
I have twins, they kept two of us busy. We had four kids in four years that way! [Twins the oldest, they are fifty in December.]
I'm glad I checked my link again. And found your new blog. I linked you, O.K?
..
Oh yes, please fit Sebastian in again a few times. Thanks.
..

 
At October 23, 2006, Blogger Ralph's Homespun Headlines said...

Marty
I have to go with Jim on this one. You're a softy. Nice post. Keep up the good work.
Ralph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home